Kindness is a language that everyone understands. A language that needs no vocabulary, no grammar, no words, just lots of love. Your smallest act of kindness and love towards other beings will be etched in their hearts for a long long time. As says Jackie Chan, “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.”
So why not make this world a kinder, nicer, and a better place? One simple act at a time!
Here’s What You Can Do
1.Hold the door open for someone with a smile.
2. Help someone whose car has broken down or someone who is struggling to fix a tire.
3. Give a heartfelt compliment to someone.
4. Cook or buy some food for your loved one.
5. Learn to forgive the people who have wronged you in the past.
6. Tell your parents how much you love and respect them.
7. Pick up the trash that you see, don’t wait for others to do it.
8. Help sick animals by taking them to a vet or by finding homes for them.
9. Smile at someone you walk past.
10. Put positive sticky notes to your co-worker’s desk.
11. Say ‘thank you’ to the janitor and cleaning staff at your workplace, or gym.
12. Be polite and patient while talking to the customer representative on the phone.
13. Tell a policeman who much you appreciate their work.
14. Leave only positive comments and happy responses on social media.
15. Randomly get some toys or food for the street kids, their smile will just make your day.
16. Do not correct someone in public, even if you know they are wrong.
17. Write down what you love about a family member and pass it on to them.
18. Ask a senior citizen about their life story, and genuinely listen. You’ll be surprised.
19. Bring treats for your co-workers.
20. Leave a generous tip for a kind server at a restaurant.
21. Gift your friend or colleague a meaningful book.
22. Do your bit for the society by volunteering in a community event.
23. Let someone go in front of you in a queue.
24. Give up your seat on the bus or train for another passenger.
25. Help save a life, donate blood.
Be kind, to fellow beings, to the animals, birds, as well as the environment. The change starts with you!
Read more: 5 Quick Getaways From Mumbai
ThinkRight is now available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram