6 lifestyle diseases that you can prevent
Lifestyle-related diseases are on the rise in our country. These preventive chronic diseases are the outcome of unhealthy choices.
Lifestyle diseases are those which are linked to the way people live their lives. With rapid urbanization and increased dependence on technologies, lifestyle diseases are becoming increasingly prominent and prevalent in nearly every household.
The different kind of lifestyle diseases prevalent in today’s society are:
2) Type 2 diabetes
3) Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis & other heart diseases.
4) Metabolic X Syndrome
6) Degenerative neck and back disorders
Causes of lifestyle disease:
Dehydration of the muscles and is a primary cause of muscle fatigue, strain, tendonitis, and other disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Lack of sleep is associated with numerous serious medical illnesses including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, obesity and mental impairment.
#3 Poor physical fitness
It’s widely recognized that there’s a direct correlation between poor chronic levels of physical fitness and increased risk of chronic diseases.
#4 Poor health habits
Smoking, alcohol, drug abuse, sugar, fast-food, soft drinks, chocolate, artificial sweeteners, stress and worry have a negative impact on your health and lead to all kinds of disease like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure
One of the biggest causes of diseases like diabetes, heart diseases hypertension is excessive stress caused at the workplace or at home. Everyone takes part in the rat-race to succeed, without stopping to think its adverse effects on one’s health.
How to prevent lifestyle diseases:
The first and foremost thing one needs to do is realise the problem and make certain changes in their lifestyles, be it in the form of regular exercise or eating habits or sleeping habits. Here are a few tips to prevent such lifestyle diseases:
1) Eat a wholesome diet, consisting of more green veggies, fresh fruits, calcium and fibre-rich foods.
2) Reduce your portion size and eat at regular intervals
3) Drink plenty of water
4) Lessen or eliminate the use of oil
5) Replace junk food with healthy snacks
6) Always indulge in regular exercise on a daily basis. Even if it’s a 30 min jog/walk or some yoga, or regular gym. Take the stairs instead of the lift. Try to walk wherever you can instead of taking the easy way out.
7) Completely avoid any addictive habit, like the use of nicotine or drugs or alcohol.
8) Reduce intake of sugar, salt and oil. These three should be used as less as possible.
9) Go for regular health check-ups and take care of your body.
Lifestyle diseases can be avoided and reversed. All it takes is a bit of dedication and regime.
Also Read: TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN IS INDEED ADVENTUROUS AND FUN!