Winning Against Asthma
Here, in this article we are going to discuss, asthma and its precautions. But we before delve into these details, it is important to know what asthma exactly is and what factors trigger it.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a type of Bronchial allergy, caused due to the constriction of bronchi because of the invasion of foreign particles. Symptoms include, wheezing sounds from the chest cavity, excessive cough and feeling of suffocation. During an asthma attack, the patient faces difficulties in breathing. If this continues the body and brain do not get enough oxygen, which can prove to be fatal.
Categories of Asthma
- Allergic asthma: this is generally prevalent in children, which, in some cases is transferred through generations. The patient or any family member may be afflicted with Eczema or any other such allergy.
- Endogenous asthma: this is mostly found in adults and is caused by a virus, which is not genetic or caused by any other such allergy.
What triggers asthma?
- Dust, animal fur/hair, pollens
- Air pollution, cigarette smoke, pollution at construction sites.
- Can be triggered during winter season due to the cold air, or cold air via air conditioners.
- Any medicine or food may also cause the allergy
- Infection in the respiratory tract
- Unhealthy lifestyle, stress or depression, excessive exercise or excessive physical work.
Asthma And Its Precautions
- Asthma can be managed, and you can lead a normal life. If you are unable to manage it, then you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Asthma causes swelling in the air-way, and this becomes a permanent problem. It is important to be regular and cautious with one’s medication and avoid anything which triggers it.
- If precautions are taken then Asthma can be easily controlled, however, it cannot be permanently cured. Always stay in touch with your doctor.
Keeping these points in mind, one can manage this respiratory disease efficiently, and breathe freely.